At Falconbrook School all pupils in Reception, Y1 & Y2 (KS1) are provided with a free school lunch. This is paid for by the government.
For children in Nursery and Y3, Y4, Y5 & Y6 (KS2) the cost of a school lunch is £2.65 per day.
Please pay for your child’s school lunch in advance. Payment should be made online through School App. Please down load the App from the App store. The office staff will be happy to help you with this or with any questions you may have. We do not accept payment in cash.
You can view the menu here.
Free School Meal Eligibility
Every child in reception, year 1 and year 2 (not nursery) in a government funded school, is automatically entitled to free school meals.
In addition, free school meals are available to pupils receiving, or whose parents are receiving, one or more of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Children who get any of these benefits directly (instead of through a parent or guardian) can also get free school meals. Download the application form here.