All you need to know about applying for a Nursery place
Falconbrook Early Years Foundation Stage or EYFS is happy and joyful setting where all children can develop their curiosity and self-confidence along with a love for learning.
Early learning is the foundation of all children’s learning and one of the most important times of their education. At Falconbrook our aim is to develop confident happy learners who are ready and excited to take their next steps into Key Stage One to continue their learning adventure.
How to apply for a nursery place for your child:
Applications can be made at our school office.
- Our Admission Officer will let you know what paperwork you need to complete your application (see The Application section below)
- School will contact you to confirm your child’s place at our nursery.
- A date will be made for our Early Years Leader to visit you and your child at home. (See Home Visits below).
- Possible start dates will be discussed for your child to start at this meeting.
- The school office will then contact you to confirm the date you child can start school.
Before your child starts in our EYFS the Early Years Leader will arrange to visit you and your child at home. This is an opportunity for parents to share important information about their child and for school staff to have the chance to meet the child in a relaxed and familiar setting.
The Early Years Leader will also talk to you about what your child’s day will look like in the Nursery Class and what learning opportunities they will be involved in.
Arrangements for your child to start school will be discussed, along with any additional support they may need to help them to settle into their new school.
Nursery Places 3 to 4 Year-Olds 15 Hours
All nursery age children are entitled to 15 hours free childcare. At Falconbrook we offer part time nursery 15 hours a week, which is made up of five half days. The sessions run from 8.55am to 11.55am Monday –Friday.
Nursery Places 3 – 4 Year Olds 30 Hours
From September 2022 we are also able to offer several 30 hours (full time) places. A full-time place at Falconbrook is 5 mornings (Monday – Friday a week plus 4 afternoons (Monday-Thursday).
The full-time placement will run from 08:55 to 3.30pm Monday-Thursday and 8:55am to 11.55am on Friday.
Children will need to bring a packed lunch to school on their full-time days (Monday-Thursday).
These full-time places are available to:
Working parents who are eligible for the 30-hour code https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/ to increase from part-time to full-time (4.5 days per week) Monday to Thursday and Friday mornings.
Parents/Carers must provide the 30-hour eligibility code before their child’s first day.
Parents who are not eligible for 30 hours free childcare may pay for their child to attend for the additional 4 afternoon at a top-up fee of £50 per week.
Nursery Admissions criteria
The school considers applications throughout the year for the children who have turned 3 in the previous term in the following order:
- Looked After Children (LAC), children who have been adopted and children subject to a Residency Order (RO) or Special Guardianship Order (SGO). Children from vulnerable groups including those supported by Children’s Social Services.
- Children with a brother or sister currently attending the school, and will be when their younger brother or sister takes up their place
- Distance from the school (as measured by Wandsworth Council’s Geographical Information System.)
Children who turn three during an academic year may be offered a part-time place in the Nursery in the term after their third birthday, if places are available.
If there are more applications than places Falconbrook will admit pupils in the priority order (1 to 3) as set out above.
Starting dates for Nursery children
Nursery children have a staggered intake to help children settle quickly and have a stress-free start to their Early Years education.
Before all children starting, Falconbrook Early Years staff must carry out a home visit (see Home Visits above).
Making the Application
The following documents are needed to support your application (please see our Privacy Notice to tell you how we use data);
- Proof of Address (council tax or utility bill).
Identity check (passport or birth certificate)
Red Immunisation book
- Falconbrook Communications and Payment App – please download this from the app store
More information about admissions and funding eligibility criteria can be found using this link;
EYFS Open Mornings
Parents are warmly invited to visit our school before making an application: